Are you a small business owner with 5-25 employees or aspire to grow to that level?
You probably chose to be an entrepreneur so you could work on your own terms and build a great lifestyle. Sadly, many business owners just like you feel like employees trapped in a horrible nightmare.
- Do you lurch from paycheck to paycheck?
- Does your income statement say you made a net profit at the end of the year but you have no cash to show for it?
- Are you frustrated that as your grow you expect life to be easier yet you find yourself working even harder?
- Do you find you find you can’t even leave the business at the weekend because there are so many things for your to do?
- Has your family forgotten your name?!
Look- You don't need to work like a slave to live the life of a millionaire”
Tony Robbins says:
You can’t create a sustainable business by being a better operator. Great operators get tired.
Great business owners get rich.
You must develop an owner mindset.
The sad truth is 75% of small businesses have less than 30 days cash on hand and 25% have less than 14 days of cash.
If you are in the majority you are one slip away from folding—all that toil could be overturned in one poor decision or one slight turn in the marketplace.
(If you have more than 30 days cash on hand pat yourself on the back but dont get too complacent. Because when businesses grow they adsorb cash and you want to grow right?”)
Here’s the thing, just because you are DOING business doesn’t mean you OWN a business!
It’s very common for small businesses to never grow past the point at which they generate just enough profit for YOU, the owner to make a modest living. It seems that no matter how hard you try your efforts to get to the next level just lead to frustration. At this point one of two things happens - either you get disillusioned or you just accept your fate—your business is nothing more than a low paid self created job.
AND JOB means JUST OVER BROKE!
Over the last 35 years we have helped owners grow their businesses. The most succesful owners have the “Owner Mindset” Tony Robbins talks about.
That mindset focus on building a business that someone else would buy.
We call that being INVESTOR READY.
Investors want to buy a sustainable business that will generate future cashflows for them. They dont want another job. By that we mean:
- an accountant is looking for an accounting practice
- a vet is looking for a veterinary practice
- a dog groomer is looking for a dog grooming practice
If all you have is the job no-one wants to buy it.
When you stop working your business dies. All that sweat and tears. Gone. Vanished.
Investors want to buy the system, the franchise, the practice.
An investor ready business comprises a set of disciplines in a replicable and scalable system.
The Investor Ready Owner focuses on equity and not profit.
The Investor Ready Owner knows:
Products and Services Generate Profit
But Systems Generate Wealth
Getting Investor Ready means
* Build Systems
* Build Equity
* Build the Ability to Scale
Once you have built the systems then your business works for you and you are no longer a slave to it.
We have distilled the systems and disciplines you need in a white paper:
You will learn the 5 disciplines:
1. How to Generate Good Growth (that doesn’t absorb cash!)
2. How to make More Money (better profits)
3. How to manage your cash
4. The Owner Mindset
5. Building Processes and Systems
As always you can connect with me or Andre to get tips and advice. Hope you enjoy the article